The 2017 edition of the BioMap from Biotech Finances maps out the strongest regions in the French bio-industry and has again placed Bretagne in 3rd position. The region gained 6 more new companies for a total of 33*, i.e. over 12% of all French biotech companies. These companies account for 1,772 jobs in Bretagne. This success has been achieved thanks to Breton skills and resources as well as vibrant businesses and an efficient network of local partners. The 6 new companies are:
- Axiom creates and develops genes based on the needs of the industry.
- Germicopa specialises in developing varieties of environment-friendly potatoes to meet demands for innovations from international customers and ensure a transfer of expertise.
- STI Biotechnologie develops products based on lactic ferments for animal feed and the environment.
- Syneika designs and manufactures medical Neuronavigated Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation equipment.
- Cyane / TAM produces biological and innovative microalgae for the nutraceutical, cosmetic and agri-food industries.
- VitaDX is developing a technique for early detection of bladder cancer.
*The 33 companies are : Abyss Ingredients (Quimper), Agrimer (Plouguerneau), Agrival (Plouénan), Algues et Mer (Ouessant), Axiom ex-ADN Genetics (Pleyben), BCF Life Sciences (Pleucadeuc), BIO3G (Merdrignac), Biopredic (Saint-Grégoire), Bioprojet biotech (Saint-Grégoire), Biotechmarine (Runan), Bretagne-Plants (Ploudaniel), C.Ris Pharma (Saint-Malo), CODIF (Saint-Malo), Diafir (Rennes), Effinov nutrition (Lorient), Ephyla (Vannes), Eurosafe (Saint-Grégoire), Germicopa (Quimper), Hemarina (Saint-Malo), HTL (Javené), Javenech (Javené), Kelia (Saint-Malo), ManRos Therapeutics (Roscoff), NG Biotech (Guipry), Olmix (Brehan), Polaris (Quimper), Polymaris Biotechnology (Morlaix), STI Biotechnologie (Saint-Étienne-en-Coglès), Syneika (Cesson-Sévigné), Cyane / TAM (Plougastel-Daoulas),YsLab (Quimper), VitaDX (Rennes).
Source : Portail de l’Innovation Bretagne – 30/12/2016
Photo credit : Bretagne Développement Innovation