Guillevic cider, the Rolls Royce of cider

Guillevic cider from the cider company Nicol (Surzur) is considered to be the Bretagne champagne. Its know-how has been rewarded numerous times with excellence awards and gold medals at the general agricultural competition, the Terralies, etc.

The cider company has 3 hectares of Guillevic apples in orchards totalling 13 hectares, which account for 25% of the apples it uses. It purchases the remaining 75% in the Morbihan and the other Bretagne departments. It produces 600,000 litres in bottles made of 60% recycled glass. 65% of production is marketed in the Morbihan (pancake sellers, regional product shops, wine retailers and delicatessens), 20% is sold directly to private individuals, 12% is shipped throughout France and 3% is exported, including to Japan.

The cider company Nicol has 3 to 4% annual growth.

Source : Paysan Breton – 09/10/2017

Photo credit : Cidres Nicol