Bretagne, a land where energy transition is tried and tested
From housing to energy, Bretagne is driving forward green business forward, thus becoming a pioneering region for energy transition, focusing on uses, technological innovation, and full-scale testing.
Green building and green businesses
- Over 1,9 million homes in 2015
- Over 19,000 homes under development in 2015
- Bretagne Electricity Pact
- Sustainable Building Strategy
- 45,000 energy rénovations per year planned by 2020
- €7,3 Bn in turnover (including 51% new builds)
- Over 68,000 employees
- Almost 24,000 establishments
Smart-grids, eco-design, ecology and energy transition
Marine renewable energy has a prominent position in Bretagne.
The region enjoys outstanding potential for energy generation thanks to the various resources available along its coasts – wind, tidal streams and waves. Unparalleled expertise is being developed in infrastructures, planning, project development, R&D, education and training.
Marine renewable energy
- 188 businesses
- 36 research teams
- 2 test sites
- 1 dedicated 50 ha port facility : Port of Brest
- 1 global innovation cluster : Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantic
- 1 institute for energy transition : France Energies Marines
6 types of technology
Tidal stream generator, offshore fixed wind turbine, floating wind turbine, tidal power plant, wave energy, ocean thermal energy conversion
Leaders in their field
- Water & waste treatment : Guyot Environnement, Le Floch Dépollution, Emo France, Premier Tech Aqua, Ar-val, Copex, Eichrom, Sodicome, and numerous innovating SMEs.
- Eco-construction : Trecobat, B3Ecodesign, Domespace, Groupe Rose, Maisons Akabois.
- Smartgrids : Delta Dore, Energiency, Actility, Imex CGI, Kerlink, NKE Watteco, Sagemcom, Schneider Electric, Seifel, Sanden Environmental Solutions, and numerous innovating start-ups.
- Renewable energies : Langa, Armorgreen, Quénea Energies Energies Renouvelables, IEL, and numerous innovating SMEs.
- Marine renewable energies : Sabella, DCNS / Openhydro, Guinard Energie.