Bretagne hosts the Yacht Racing Forum 2018 in Lorient, in the heart of the Sailing Valley®. With 2,730 km of coastline, the region is historically turned towards the sea and maritime activities. The bulk of France’s yacht racing industry is based in Bretagne, with a unique ecosystem built around companies, skippers and race teams, innovation labs, race organizers, training courses and a dedicated start-up cluster. United under the banner Bretagne Sailing Valley®, the Breton territories* and the actors of this field of excellence are proud to welcome the Yacht Racing Forum and showcase their know-how.
YRF 2018 will focus on five key topics:
- The future of sailing (youth sailing, access to the top of the sport…)
- Regatta and teams management (Risk Management & Safety, race boats insurances, sustainability…)
- Design & technology (the latest technical developments in design & construction, foiling, sail design & cloth…)
- Marketing & media (sailing on TV, virtual sailing, sponsorship…)
- Top of the Sport (America’s Cup, Volvo Ocean Race, Classe Ultime, Route du Rhum…)
* Région Bretagne, Lorient Agglomération, Quimper Cornouaille Développement, le Pays Fouesnantais, Golfe du Morbihan-Vannes Agglomération, le Conseil départemental du Morbihan.