The Ille-et-Vilaine Oscars have been awarding prizes to businesses in several categories for 30 years. This year, the ceremony took place in Châteaugiron with a jury chaired by J.-P. Legendre, founder of the group of the same name.
The following prizes were awarded:
- The growth Oscar was given to L. Weber of Solina (Bréal-sous-Montfort), which offers solutions in the fields of taste, functional ingredients and nutritional products throughout Europe.
- The sustainable development and social innovation Oscar was given to L. Blot of Ressources T (Rennes), a social business which develops integration employment and fights exclusions.
- The international development Oscar was given to M. Langer and C. Vignaud from Triskem (Bruz), the European leader in the design and manufacturer of resins dedicated to radionuclide purification for nuclear medicine, recycling of critical metals and dismantling of nuclear power plants. Triskem conducts 74% of its business internationally, in 65 countries on five continents.
- The science and technology Oscar was given to H. Triqui of Secure-IC (Rennes), an opinion leader in cybersecurity.
- Lastly, the Oscars’ academy award was given to F. Persico, founder of the Urban Farm start-up (Rennes), which is conducting a project of urban vegetable gardens in maritime containers.
Bretagne Commerce International, which has been sponsoring the event for several years, offers the winners a business trip in the country of their choice. Visits in order to be aware of cultural aspects and to benchmark, along with individual meetings to find new clients or commercial partners, are organized. Winners chose Taïwan in 2014, Chile in 2015 and Japan in 2016.
Source : Le Journal de Vitré – 14/02/2017
Photo credit : Ordre des experts comptables de Bretagne