What Bretagne brings you
Rich agri-food ecosystem
As the leading region for agriculture and fishing in France, Bretagne gives you access to marine and plant resources that you can develop as well as to the very rich ecosystem of the agri-food industry where you can market your products.
Cutting-edge research open to companies
The research players specialising in nutrition and health work hand-in-hand with industry. The main R&D centres : NuMeCan, NAMS, IBSAM, Laboratoire ORPHY, the regional human nutrition laboratory, INRAE and its Milk and Egg Science and Technology laboratory (STLO), the Laboratoire Sciences du mouvement, du sport et de la santé (M2S), the ANSES laboratories specialising in food safety through animal health.
Several players support companies in their innovations:
- The technological innovation centres Biotech Santé Bretagne and CEVA (dedicated to algae), Vegenov (dedicated to plants).
- The competitiveness clusters Valorial, Vegepolys and Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique (recycling of active marine ingredients).
- A dynamic network of technological platforms with Biogenouest, Prodiabio (bioprocesses), EQUASA (ESIAB).
- Technical centres: Act Food Bretagne, Institut Carnot (Carnot Qualiment), Actalia.
Biotech Santé Bretagne, Valorial, Vegepolys, Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique and Station biologique de Roscoff are involved in European networks and projects and encourage collaborative projects. The Noé Bretagne network, through the European Projects Platform (2 PE) Bretagne, groups the Bretagne players involved in developing and supporting European R&I projects. It facilitates access by research units and companies to European financing (Horizon 2020).
Our talents :
Training, research, innovation
- Advanced training in agri-food (AgroCampus Ouest, ESIAB), biotechnology and biology-health at the various universities in Bretagne.
- National research bodies : CNRS, Ifremer, INRAE, IRSERT, ANSES and linked to universities, university hospitals, third-level institutions in Bretagne and laboratories specialising in nutrition and health.
- Centres and platforms to support technological and technical innovation with state-of-the-art equipment for field trials and a strong innovation dynamic for functional ingredients from marine and plant resources.
Let's organize your visit in Bretagne
Are you looking to invest in Bretagne? We prepare a customised programme of visits for you in line with your wishes and needs.My meeting program
You wish to make contact with a company that could become an industrial or technological partner or a supplier? We help you make contact with Bretagne companies.Contact a company