Source : Biotech Santé Bretagne
What Bretagne brings you
More than 500 Bretagne players are committed to tomorrow’s health including the Rennes (one of the best public hospitals in France) and Brest university hospitals, care establishments that are leaders in research and private hospitals at the forefront of new technologies like the CHP de Saint Grégoire (one of the best private clinics in France).
- E-health : remote medicine, smart objects, big data, assisted living and artificial intelligence.
- Medical technologies : diagnostic and interventional medical imaging, medical devices, computer assisted surgery and medicine.
Safe, local hosting of health data
As a major French region for cybersecurity, you will find in Bretagne health data host-certified institutions : Blue, Santé Informatique Bretagne (SIB), Asten Group, Claranet. The University Hospital of Rennes is one of the first French hospitals to be certified.
Health and Autonomy Living Labs : Experiment’Haal (IMT Atlantique), Centre de Kerpape, ISAR – Pôle Saint Hélier and CESIM Santé. Research teams and industrial, academic and institutional partners can all test their technologies, services and products in real time, assess their potential uses and their acceptability for target users.
The Noé Bretagne network, through the European Projects Platform (2 PE) Bretagne, groups the Bretagne players involved in supporting European R&I projects. It encourages and facilitates access by research units and companies to European financing (Horizon 2020). Biotech Santé Bretagne and b<>com are opening the doors of their European and international network.
Breeding ground for digital talents
Bretagne has a rich digital and technological ecosystem with more than 2,700 companies employing over 50,000 people. Bretagne is the 2nd largest French region for digital R&D and is home to more than 15,000 researchers. It is also the 2nd largest region for training telecommunications engineers.
Our talents :
Training, research, innovation
- Every year, Bretagne welcomes more than 9,000 digital and ICT students (including 1,500 graduates) in its major engineering colleges. The University Hospital of Rennes, the University Hospital of Brest, the faculties of medicine, ontology, pharmaceutical and biological sciences as well as the 15 or so Institutes of Nursing Training (IFSI) train high-level qualified health professionals.
- Inria, IRISA, Lab-STICC (CNRS), LaTIM (medical information processing laboratory) and LTSI (Image and Signal Processing Laboratory) are major research players in digital sciences and technologies applied to health.
- Support for innovation companies:
- Support for innovation and collaborative research and innovation projects : Images & Réseaux, b<>com, Biotech Santé Bretagne, W.INN (innovation center of University Hospital of Brest)
- Technological platforms and technology transfer: Biogenouest network, Ouest Valorisation, various imaging platforms.
- Research resources available to companies: CIC-IT de Rennes (Clinical Investigation – Technological Innovation Centre), TECH SAN (Hospital-university federation for innovative health technologies).
- The e-health expertise and resources centre Catel stimulates innovation in the e-health ecosystem by bringing all the players together: national bodies, professionals on the ground, research, professional organisations, companies and patients.
Let's organize your visit in Bretagne
Are you looking to invest in Bretagne? We prepare a customised programme of visits for you in line with your wishes and needs.My meeting program
You wish to make contact with a company that could become an industrial or technological partner or a supplier? We help you make contact with Bretagne companies.Contact a company