Source : Biotech Santé Bretagne
What Bretagne brings you
A complete ecosystem
Alongside the Rocher Group, a world player in plant-based cosmetics, the sector counts some 170 companies. They cover the entire value chain of the sector: R&D and formulation, supplies of bulk raw materials, ingredients, active substances and additives, formulators, tests and analyses, production equipment, packaging, services and advice and distribution.
Expertise in marine biotechnology
Bretagne is home to three marine biology stations with excellent reputations (Roscoff, Concarneau and Dinard (CRESCO) as well as the European Institute for Marine Studies (IUEM). These research and teaching centres have marine biological resource centres, a marine observatory and various technological platforms available to the scientific community and companies.
- The technological innovation centres Biotech Santé Bretagne and CEVA (dedicated to algae)
- The competitiveness clusters Vegepolys (development of active plant ingredients) and Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique (development of active marine ingredients)
- A dynamic network of technological platforms with Biogenouest and the bioprocess platform Prodiabio.
The Noé Bretagne network, through the European Projects Platform (2 PE) Bretagne, brings together Bretagne players involved in supporting European R&I projects to facilitate access to European financing for research units and companies (Horizon 2020). Biotech Santé Bretagne, Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique and Station biologique de Roscoff are involved in European networks and projects and encourage the development of collaborative projects.
Our talents :
Training, research, innovation
- Training courses, from Bac+2 to the PhD, cover all professions: from raw material production to R&D in chemistry or biotechnologies, via formulation and beauty care.
- Cutting-edge research in marine biology: the three marine biology stations, the European Institute for Marine Studies (IUEM) and national research bodies: CNRS, Ifremer, INRAE, IRSERT and linked to universities, teaching hospitals and third-level institutions in Bretagne.
- Strong innovation dynamics for natural marine ingredients: Biotech Santé Bretagne, CEVA , Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique, Station biologique de Roscoff and service provider companies specialising in R&D and formulation and supplies of ingredients, excipients, active substances and additives to support you in developing a natural cosmetic range.
Let's organize your visit in Bretagne
Are you looking to invest in Bretagne? We prepare a customised programme of visits for you in line with your wishes and needs.My meeting program
You wish to make contact with a company that could become an industrial or technological partner or a supplier? We help you make contact with Bretagne companies.Contact a company