What Bretagne brings you
Innovation and experimentation dynamics
- The Technological Research Institute b<>com with its laboratories devoted to experiments in wireless networks (5G, IoT) and safety.
- The competitiveness cluster Images et réseaux.
- Institut Carnot – Telecoms and digital society with its technological platform accessible to companies involved in the digital transition.
- Photonics Bretagne and its technological platform Perfos, recognised for its expertise in special fibre optics.
- Rennes St Malo Lab living lab.
Several players support innovative companies in their development and facilitate their access to the Bretagne ecosystem :
- The 7 Technopoles Bretagne association groups all the Bretagne technopoles.
- Incubators : Le Poool, the Village by CA, Made in IMT Atlantique.
- The strong French Tech network : Two capitals French Tech Rennes St Malo and French Tech Brest Bretagne Ouest and the French Tech Bretagne Sud and Saint Brieuc Bay communities.
European and international connections
- Images & Réseaux, b<>com, Photonics Bretagne, 7 Technopoles Bretagne are involved in European projects (Interreg Europe, Horizon 2020, Digital Europe).
- Photonics Bretagne is involved in the Photonics21 European technological platform.
- DIH-Bretagne is selected as European DIH in the European programme « Digital Europe ».
Leading cybersecurity cluster
The massive growth in Internet use in all business sectors is causing a rise in demand in terms of telecoms infrastructure and equipment. It is also increasing its complexity and cybersecurity risks. Bretagne has an extremely well developed cyber ecosystem that is recognised at European level. This proximity of cyber players is a real opportunity for telecoms companies.
Breeding ground for digital talents
Bretagne has a rich digital and technological ecosystem with more than 2,700 companies employing over 50,000 people. Bretagne is the 2nd largest French region for digital R&D and is home to more than 1,500 researchers. It is also the 2nd largest region for training telecommunications engineers.
Our talents :
Training, research, innovation
- Every year, Bretagne welcomes more than 9.000 students (including 1,500 digital and ICT graduates) in its major engineering colleges : Insa, Supélec, IMT Atlantique, ENS Rennes, ENSTA Bretagne, ECAM Rennes, ENSSAT Lannion, ISTIC, ESIR, ENIB, ICAM.
- Bretagne has world-renowned research in the telecommunications sector : Inria, Irisa, IETR, Lab-STICC, CNRS.
- Bretagne is still positioned as a leading telecoms region thanks to its innovation and collaborative project dynamic with nationally recognised players : Images & Réseaux, b<>com, Photonics Bretagne, Le Poool, 7 Technopoles Bretagne.
Let's organize your visit in Bretagne
Are you looking to invest in Bretagne? We prepare a customised programme of visits for you in line with your wishes and needs.My meeting program
You wish to make contact with a company that could become an industrial or technological partner or a supplier? We help you make contact with Bretagne companies.Contact a company