Bretagne in figures
A connected region
- An extensive, free road system
- Two airports (Brest and Rennes) with international connections
- Dense rail services and a high-speed line
- Three major commercial ports
- 104 marinas
Areas of excellence
Cutting edge and dynamic research
Its 11,000 researchers make Bretagne one of the most active regions for research.
- Major national public R&D centres: CNRS, Inra, Inria, Inserm, Ifremer, Anses, INRAE, IRSTEA.
- Major group R&D centres: Canon, Orange, Qualcomm, Ericsson.
- Technological platforms and innovation support structures available to SME.
- Significant contribution by SME to research dynamics.
Quality higher education
Bretagne is carving out a place as one of the most attractive French regions for students.
Reliable employees, strong community
- Bretagne residents are recognised by foreign investors as committed and highly-skilled employees.
- They have a sense of community, work, open-mindness and innovation.
- They are attached to their region and their companies.
- Bretagne residents and economic players know how to work together to progress further (innovation, international, initiatives)
Exceptional quality of life
- Diverse landscapes and nearby beaches
- Rich historical heritage and land of legends
- Intense cultural life and dense, active fabric of associations
- Wide choice of sporting and leisure activities
- Human-scale towns offering quality public services
- Reasonable cost of living
an innovative region for companies
Our competitiveness hubs and dynamic clusters can interact seamlessly with your ecosystem. Experts in the technological aspects of their sector, they bring together companies, research laboratories and training facilities, and encourage R&D collaborative projects.
They help companies to be innovative and competitive and to expand their network locally and internationally.
The 7 Technopoles Bretagne, the French Tech network and Bretagne Développement Innovation support innovation through local measures and encourage the reception, establishment and development of companies, particularly start-ups.
Plug in labs Ouest is a tool listing all the laboratories and technological platforms in all fields of research in Bretagne.
Let's organize your visit in Bretagne
Are you looking to invest in Bretagne? We prepare a customised programme of visits for you in line with your wishes and needs.My meeting program
You wish to make contact with a company that could become an industrial or technological partner or a supplier? We help you make contact with Bretagne companies.Contact a company