Source: Regional Tourism Committee, 2019 figures
What Bretagne brings you
Bretagne is making a name for itself as an exceptional, sustainable and responsible tourist destination, meeting the new expectations of tourists. It has a wide range of accommodation : 920 hotels, 764 campsites, 176 holiday residences and villages, 8,000 Gîtes de France or Clévacances rental properties.
The Region encourages and support investments to ensure that visitor welcome matches up with its ambitions.
The Bretagne Regional Council is committed to working alongside the territories and tourism professionals to improve the performance of tourism activities :
- PASS Investissement Entreprises touristiques – Takeover (ORATEL) for the sale and takeover of hotel businesses
- PASS Investissement Entreprises touristiques – Works to create and/or develop hotels, campsites, residential leisure sites and tourist leisure facilities.
Multitude of tourist assets
- Protected nature : wild coasts, small, secluded bays, vast dunes, valleys, moors, wooded countryside, forests, etc. everywhere you look, diverse, changing landscapes where land and sea intertwine.
- Seaside : seaside resorts, coastal paths, beaches, water sports, thalassotherapy.
- Historical heritage : from great megalithic sites to castles, via chapels and cathedrals, its small towns of character and its legends.
- Culture and traditions : all its festivals, from traditional culture to the current scene and its hearty, gourmet cuisine.
The wide range of activities caters for all audiences and generations : families, senior citizens, young people, leisure and sport walkers, festival-goers. 83% of tourists in Bretagne are French and 17% are foreign, mainly British, German and Belgian. 73% of their overnight stays are commercial.
Nature, landscapes and the coast are the first choice criteria. The vast majority of tourists stay by the sea and prefer the countryside to towns.
Responsible and sustainable positioning
Rubber-stamping Bretagne as a Responsible Destination is essential for the attractiveness of the region. Thus, the Regional Tourism Committee (CRT) conducts a policy of sustainable tourism. It raises the awareness of tourism professionals and supports them with a tourist offer qualified as “Travel responsibly“, the mobility offer “Bretagne without my car“, free, personalised support for the ecological transition and the European Ecolabel certification.
Regional Tourism Committee at your side
As a development and marketing tool for regional tourism, the Regional Tourism Committee (CRT) promotes the tremendous tourism potential of Bretagne to French and foreign tourists. Tourism professionals are at the heart of the CRT action, which supports businesses in structuring their offer and commercial approach and gives them visibility on the tourismebretagne.com website.
Our talents :
Training, research, innovation
Training is an essential component of top-quality hospitality.
- The HTBS Bretagne Hotel and Tourism College
- The prestigious gastronomy and hotel management school Ferrandi Paris located in Rennes
- Renowned hotel schools and secondary schools, like the Lycée hôtelier in Dinard
- Quality training in Bretagne trade faculties.
Let's organize your visit in Bretagne
Are you looking to invest in Bretagne? We prepare a customised programme of visits for you in line with your wishes and needs.My meeting program
You wish to make contact with a company that could become an industrial or technological partner or a supplier? We help you make contact with Bretagne companies.Contact a company