What Bretagne brings you
As the leading farming and agri-food region in France, Bretagne gives you access to a rich ecosystem to market your products and services.
The technical innovation centres support you in developing your product/technology, from R&D to market launch. Here you can test your products and doors are opened to the Bretagne ecosystem.
Valorial (specific agri-food innovation competitiveness cluster) and AGRETIC (programme encouraging projects between manufacturers and businesses offering digital and electronic solutions) connect you to their international network and support you in European projects.
Leading cybersecurity cluster
Bretagne has a recognised and extremely well-developed cyber ecosystem. Having cyber players locally is an advantage for manufacturers seeking to protect their production systems from cyber attacks.
Qualified and committed employees
You will find in Bretagne general engineers and agronomists trained in the best schools along with qualified, competent and committed employees.
Two major events
SPACE is the international fair for animal productions Every year sees 1,100 exhibitors and 75,000 visitors, including 5,000 from overseas, assemble in Rennes. CFIA is the not-to-be-missed event in France for supplies in the agri-food industry. This event focusing on agri-food innovation attracts 1,600 exhibitors.
Our talents :
Training, research, innovation
- Every year, AgroCampus Ouest trains 1,000 students in life and environmental sciences and technologies. Over 9,000 students (including 1,500 graduates) are welcomed in the largest engineering schools in Bretagne.
- INRAE Bretagne-Normandie is a major R&D player in sustainable and resilient production systems, guaranteeing healthy food and a protected environment. 950 hectares of meadows and crops are available for experiments.
- Technical innovation centres and experimental stations work together and have cutting-edge equipment for field trials: Act Food Bretagne, Institut Carnot, CEA Tech, Le Caté experimental station and the Milk and Egg Science and Technology Laboratory (STLO).
Let's organize your visit in Bretagne
Are you looking to invest in Bretagne? We prepare a customised programme of visits for you in line with your wishes and needs.My meeting program
You wish to make contact with a company that could become an industrial or technological partner or a supplier? We help you make contact with Bretagne companies.Contact a company
They chose Bretagne
To go further
- Interactive maps of agrifood players in Bretagne (French)
- Interactive map of equipment manufacturers for the afrifood industry in Bretagne (French)
- Equipment manufacturers and the agrifood industry – Needs analysis, March 2020, Bretagne Développement Innovation (French)
- Agriculture and food industry in Bretagne – Data – Edition 2021, Chambre d’Agriculture de Bretagne (French)
- SPACE, the international exhibition for animal breeding
- CFIA, the place where innovation in the food-processing sector happens