What Bretagne brings you
Dynamic of renewable energies
Bretagne is focusing on:
- Renewable energies, mainly marine energies.
- Methanisation units and wood-fired boilers (Plan Biogaz, Plan Bois Energie).
- Renewable hydrogen
These new productions face technological challenges. So many opportunities for companies to seize.
As the go-to region for telecommunications and networks and cybersecurity, Bretagne offers :
- A complete digital ecosystem to find partners and develop smartgrid solutions effectively.
- Cutting-edge research with the main digital science and technology laboratories working on energy issues.
- Support for the development of companies through innovation with competitiveness hubs and clusters (see the heading “Our talents”).
- Clean mobility : dense ecosystem with a major car manufacturer (Stellantis) and electric vehicles manufacturer (Bolloré), top level suppliers, smart transport.
- Boat of the future : leading maritime economy, naval and nautical industries, maritime transport, ports.
- Optimisation of energy and production chains : dense industrial fabric, mainly agri-food.
- Self-consumption : storage and efficiency in the residential, non-residential and industrial sectors.
The laboratory for testing your solutions
SMILE and Bretagne Développement Innovation (BDI) mobilise all smartgrid players : companies, authorities, teaching, research and innovation players.
They all work around collaborative projects, targeting large-scale deployment.
You can thus avail of an efficient connection with the economic, technical and financial partners most favourable to your project and test your solutions in an actual market.
SMILE is aiming to make the Grand Ouest of France a leading territory in Europe in terms of Smart Electrical Grids around lasting solutions that can be replicated nationally and internationally.
SMILE promotes the industrial skills of its members within an interactive showroom, the gateway to visits to manufacturing sites offered to visitors (authorities and manufacturers). SMILE opens the doors of its international network to you.
- Ecoquartier des Capucins in Brest
- Smart island projects that can be replicated in isolated territories : Ouessant
- Local energy loops : ECLAIRS.
- ATL-EN-TIC project specific for manufacturers.
- Liger BioConcept, renewable energy centre demonstrator for an authority.
- Hydrogen boats: Hylias, Energy Observer.
- Renewable hydrogen electrolyser projects to deploy fleets of hydrogen vehicles: H2 360°, H2R.
Our talents :
Training, research, innovation
- Every year, Bretagne welcomes more than 9,000 students (including 1,500 digital and ICT graduates) in its major engineering colleges.
- The Institut de Recherche Dupuy de Lôme (IRDL), a reference laboratory for mechanical systems in Europe including energy and thermal process systems ; SATIE laboratoire (CNRS, ENS Rennes) dedicated to information technology and energy systems and applications; the main laboratories for digital sciences and technologies applied to the major national sectors, including energy : Inria, Irisa, IETR, ISEN Rennes.
- Supporting the development of companies through innovation : the Pôle Cristal test and innovation centre, energy efficiency player ; the development accelerator Créativ with its Crisalide Eco-activités device ; Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique focused on smartgrids applied to marine energies and ports ; Pôle Images & Réseaux focused on technologies applied to energy, transport and authorities ; Bretagne Développement innovation and SMILE.
Let's organize your visit in Bretagne
Are you looking to invest in Bretagne? We prepare a customised programme of visits for you in line with your wishes and needs.My meeting program
You wish to make contact with a company that could become an industrial or technological partner or a supplier? We help you make contact with Bretagne companies.Contact a company