Innovation and experimentation dynamics
- The Technological Research Institute b<>com with its laboratories devoted to experiments in wireless networks (5G, IoT) and safety.
- The competitiveness cluster Images et réseaux.
- Institut Carnot – Telecoms and digital society with its technological platform accessible to companies involved in the digital transition.
- Photonics Bretagne and its technological platform Perfos, recognised for its expertise in special fibre optics.
- Rennes St Malo Lab living lab.
Technical skills for the digital transformation of the economy
DIH-Bretagne is the “European Hub” of the Bretagne region to boost digital transformation and innovation.
Technical skills :
- Artificial intelligence
- High performance computing (HPC)
- Infrastructures & Networks
- Immersivity & interactivity
Dynamic ecosystem in Artificial Intelligence
Bretagne is a melting pot for R&D, experimentation and development of AI uses. The region has the whole spectrum of artificial intelligence, from machine architecture to decision support.
- 120 players for AI Data Science and Intelligent Data Processing.
- 85 companies serving all sectors
- 30 research institutes and teams
- 20 higher education institutions
- Inria Rennes and IRISA : 300 AI researchers (robotics, data analytics, image analysis).
- Lab-STICC (CNRS) : cross-cutting programme on AI (40 experts).
- Artificial Intelligence Lab at b<>com
New sectors are also emerging, for which Bretagne has developing ecosystems, favourable to the installation of new start-ups, including :
- EdTech : #EdTech label of the French Tech Rennes Saint-Malo, EdTech Grand Ouest.
- PropTech : dynamic real estate market and tech ecosystem offer opportunities for PropTech companies, particularly in the Rennes region, where the French proptech was launched.
- Fintech : Crédit Mutuel Arkéa, one of the main players in the banking and insurance sector in France, has its head office near Brest; #FinTech label of the French Tech Brest Bretagne Ouest.
Several players support innovative companies in their development and facilitate their access to the Bretagne ecosystem :
- The 7 Technopoles Bretagne association groups all the Bretagne technopoles.
- Incubators : Le Poool, the Village by CA, Made in IMT Atlantique.
- The strong French Tech network : Two capitals French Tech Rennes St Malo and French Tech Brest Bretagne Ouest and the French Tech Bretagne Sud and Saint Brieuc Bay communities.
European and international connections
- Images & Réseaux, b<>com, Photonics Bretagne, 7 Technopoles Bretagne are involved in European projects (Interreg Europe, Horizon 2020, Digital Europe).
- Photonics Bretagne is involved in the Photonics21 European technological platform.
- DIH-Bretagne is selected as European DIH in the European programme « Digital Europe ».
Our talents :
Training, research, innovation
- Every year, Bretagne welcomes more than 9.000 students (including 1,500 digital and ICT graduates) in its major engineering colleges : Insa, Supélec, IMT Atlantique, ENS Rennes, ENSTA Bretagne, ECAM Rennes, ENSSAT Lannion, ISTIC, ESIR, ENIB, ICAM.
- Bretagne has world-renowned research in the digital sector : Inria, Irisa, IETR, Lab-STICC, CNRS.
- Innovation and collaborative project dynamic with nationally recognised players : Images & Réseaux, b<>com, Photonics Bretagne, Le Poool, 7 Technopoles Bretagne.
Let's organize your visit in Bretagne
Are you looking to invest in Bretagne? We prepare a customised programme of visits for you in line with your wishes and needs.My meeting program
You wish to make contact with a company that could become an industrial or technological partner or a supplier? We help you make contact with Bretagne companies.Contact a company